Tuesday, January 26, 2010

What Happens When Ticks Stay In Dogs I Got Bit By A Tick! What Do I Do??

I got bit by a tick! What do I do?? - what happens when ticks stay in dogs

For the first time live in the countries in Europe, and I'm surrounded by trees and a garden with two dogs. I have a small black box next to me the first time. I took about 15 min. There are and there are only a small pink dot. I have no health insurance card, here in Denmark. What is fever? Is there a possibility that it will be worse? How can I prevent them from ticks. if I go, I can not touch the forest. I do not know how I do, because everything I was yesterday, to stay at home and all the dogs were treated in a sweatshirt. Wherever we go, we have in the yard to wash the laundry to dry, perhaps I have the blanket. I have wood floors. Well, I do not know what to do. I think I'll clean the wound at the moment with a little soap and water. Please, you just want to know how to prevent, this does not happen again, what do I do with this house, maybe dogs. and to answer as the question. It seems wrong time, but do not want a rash of Lyme patients, or

5 comments:

Voelven said...

The risk of Lyme disease is very low if the tick is removed, the opportunity before I sit for too long. They are almost never the infection if the tick within 24 hours the first bite is removed. In general, Denmark has not offered treatment on facts that only you have been bitten by a tick.

It is necessary to keep an eye on the ground. One of the first indications that the tick is infected with Lyme disease, that (the / red pink dot that is perfectly normal - should disappear within a few days), where the corresponding bit and grow with an area of paler in the middle. This will develop as erythema migrans and in other parts of the body. It usually develops within a few days to 4 weeks after the bite. If you develop erythema migrans, you should consult a doctor.

If you do not feel comfortable with one eye on the bite, I want to see a doctor and explain the situation on the health card, which can be very helpful in these matters.

You can not really prevent tick bites, but you can gI have little chances to connect as possible. What used to treat residents in Denmark, my dog with Frontline. For my part, I want to wear long pants and long sleeves, and pull socks over your pants when walking in areas where the risk of encountering ticks, such as forests and meadows. They love it, on the grass and jump on you, how you sit, they roam.

When I got home, I'm just on the toilet and tapes up to me, you find ticks in the mirror. Ticks like dark, damp places, do not forget to check carefully to their shame, armpits, behind the ears and hair. Remember to shake the clothes to rid them of all ticks.

If you live on the island of Bornholm, you should contact a doctor nomatter what ticks do not carry the virus of tick-borne encephalitis (there is a vaccine), tick-borne encephalitis. If you live in Bornholm you do not have to worry about TBE.

firefree... said...

Warrant is not in the forest to ensure that they are not so much on, dont get ticks and consult a doctor with or without insurance. UR the best choice of doctor.

cat_tail... said...

There are sprays you can on your skin before exiting. Some are natural (I), and how some are very strong. Ticks are horrible. My husband was mowing the yard with her coat and got a tick in her hair. I look for dogs, they visit on your return to ensure they do not fall into the house.

Lisa H said...

Lyme disease is a major threat. My uncle fought for a year. In any case, put before the dogs and make sure where you put your dirty clothes. Dogs can be programmed. What is not an insurance card, call a local doctor and explain the situation. You should probably be tested for Lyme disease, what it can do for you. Good luck!

Pandora said...

walk, call a physician to make sure you do not have Lyme disease

Post a Comment